Community Grant Program
2018 DowGives Community Grant Program
Application Guidelines – Please ensure that you read the guidelines and criteria carefully. Applications that do not fall within the guideline or criteria will not be considered.
Dow provides grants up to a maximum of $5,000 to organizations to help our local communities meet their unique needs and challenges.
Our focus is on supporting sustainable communities—doing our part to make the communities where Dow people live and work healthy, vibrant, and resilient places to be.
The reason for these efforts is simple: As a science and technology company, our ability to drive innovation to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems is rooted in the health and safety of our employees and neighbors, and the economic vibrancy of our communities where we operate.
Preference will be given to requests that support these two priority areas:
1) Priority Area: Community Well-Being
Dow recognizes that one size does not fit all. We work with communities around the world to identify local needs requiring courageous collaborations for sustainable solutions.
Health & Safety
2) Priority Area: Building the Workforce of Tomorrow
Classroom to Career
The workforce of the future will be powered by today’s children. They need cutting-edge skills and a curiosity to apply them to technical fields.
We believe in igniting interest and enhancing preparedness for students in STEM fields through employee engagement and strategic partnerships.
Behind each student inspired around STEM is a STEM educator who fueled curiosity.
We partner with educators inside and outside the classroom to build STEM teaching and leadership skills through teacher training and professional development programs.
The DowGives Community Grant Program is open to organizations operating in the areas surrounding our Fort Saskatchewan and Prentiss manufacturing facilities:
Fort Saskatchewan: City of Fort Saskatchewan; the Counties of Strathcona, Sturgeon, and Lamont; and the Towns of Bruderheim and Redwater.
Prentiss: The County of Lacombe; the City of Lacombe; the City of Red Deer; the Towns of Bentley, Blackfalds, Eckville and Stettler; and the Villages of Alix, Joffre, Tees and Clive.
To be eligible to receive a grant, organizations must:
- Be a qualified done as determined by the Canada Revenue Agency. Generally, this means your organization is a charitable organization, amateur athletic association, school, or municipality; and
- Be able to issue a tax receipt;
The following are not eligible for the DowGives Community Grant Program:
- Political candidates;
- Religious activities (we will consider organizations with religious affiliations that are seeking funding for a non-denominational initiative that is open to the community;
- Travel costs;
- Fees for workshops;
- Start-up fees or seed money for a larger fundraising campaign or project.
Application and Grant Process
- All applicants are required to complete the grant application
- An email acknowledging the receipt of the completed application will be sent.
- All applications that include the requested information and meet the guidelines as outlined above are sent to the community grants review committee.
- The review committee is members of Dow’s Community Advisory Panel and Dow employees and will meet in June 2018.
- Successful applicants will be notified by phone by June 30, 2018.
- Those applicants that are declined are informed by letter.